The Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart will guide you on your way to saving a nice cushion in case of emergency. It’s kind of like insurance. You hope you don’t need it but it’s comforting to know it’s there! Sinking Fund Charts are the way to save!
Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart
Dave Ramsey’s Baby Step 3 instructs you to save 3 to 6 months of expenses for emergencies. By this point, you’ve saved $1,000 in an emergency fund and paid off all debt. Whew! What a feeling!
Can you imagine having the security to keep on going with normal life even if a financial surprise pops up?
THAT’S what this Sinking Fund is for!
To make it more attainable, we’re starting with a 3 month emergency fund.
Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart Supplies
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
How To Use The Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart
- Gain access to the Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart below! When you print, I suggest using Card Stock for durability.
- Determine how much you need to save for Three Months of Expenses and write the amount on the Goal line.
- Record the date you would like to have your Three Months of Expenses fully funded.
- Divide your saving goal by 10.
- Write each increment on the lines shooting off the graphic with the smallest on the bottom. If you plan to save $15,000, you would write $1500 on the bottom line, $3000 on the next line, etc.
- As you save, color in the lines! Each increment consists of 10 lines to fill in. If you plan to save $15,000 and each increment represents $1500, each line would represent $150. For every $150 you save, color in a line.
- Make your Three Month Emergency Fund a part of your monthly budget! If you plan to save $15,000 and you want to save it in 10 months, you need to incorporate $1500 a month into your spending plan.
- Open a separate account for your Three Month Expenses so it doesn’t get spent!
Once you have your Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund fully funded, it’s time to stretch it to Six Months! You can do this!
More Sinking Fund Charts
Sinking Fund Envelopes
Gain access to the Three Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart here!
Sinking Fund Charts
Subscribe (free!) to gain access to my Resource Library full of Printables! Once subscribed, you will receive weekly emails with Printables, Ideas, and Money Tips for your Everyday Life!
Enter the Free Resource Library for my latest printables! Password: money Thanks for being a Rockstar!