What do you do with your mail when it comes in the door? Does it sit in a pile on your kitchen island clogging your mind and dragging you down? It needs to be sorted and gone through but it’s such drudgery. Look no further! Here is a surefire way to take care of that mail and organize your desk for success!
Organize Your Desk For Success
It starts with a letter organizer. Well, really it starts with a desk. Then the organizer on the desk. My organizer has five easy access shelves. Each shelf serves a specific purpose.
- Pending – action items that I will get to in the next few days
- Bills – this is where my ledger lives and incoming bills until pay day
- Address Book and scratch paper – because we all need scratch paper
- Password Book, Appointment Slips, and Cleaning/Maintenance Chart – although appointments are put into our google calendar right away, we hang onto the appointment slips just in case
- Hubbies Box – for mail he will want to see and any other paper type stuff he leaves laying around … there’s a place for it!
The mail is either sorted on the letter organizer, goes in the recycle, or shredded. No need to let it pile up.
Other useful desk supplies:
- adding machine
- small office supplies such as a three hole punch, scissors, tape, stapler, etc.
When it’s time to pay bills … shabam! … I know right where to go … no digging through piles of mail or wondering where I put the light bill. I simply pay bills online and file them as soon as they are paid.
Need a password or address … they are right there at my fingertips!
What tips do you have for an organized desk?
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but How Do The Jones Do It will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
I appreciate you stopping by! Please comment and share this post!