What do you do with your mail when it comes in the door? Does it sit in a pile on your kitchen island clogging your mind and dragging you down? It needs to be sorted and gone through but it’s such drudgery. Look no further! Here is a surefire way to take care of that mail and organize your desk for success!
Organize Your Desk For Success
It starts with a letter organizer. Well, really it starts with a desk. Then the organizer on the desk. My organizer has five easy access shelves. Each shelf serves a specific purpose.
- Pending – action items that I will get to in the next few days
- Bills – this is where my ledger lives and incoming bills until pay day
- Address Book and scratch paper – because we all need scratch paper
- Password Book, Appointment Slips, and Cleaning/Maintenance Chart – although appointments are put into our google calendar right away, we hang onto the appointment slips just in case
- Hubbies Box – for mail he will want to see and any other paper type stuff he leaves laying around … there’s a place for it!
The mail is either sorted on the letter organizer, goes in the recycle, or shredded. No need to let it pile up.
Other useful desk supplies:
- adding machine
- small office supplies such as a three hole punch, scissors, tape, stapler, etc.
When it’s time to pay bills … shabam! … I know right where to go … no digging through piles of mail or wondering where I put the light bill. I simply pay bills online and file them as soon as they are paid.
Need a password or address … they are right there at my fingertips!
What tips do you have for an organized desk?
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but How Do The Jones Do It will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
I appreciate you stopping by! Please comment and share this post!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Subscribe (free!) to gain access to my Resource Library full of Printables! Once subscribed, you will receive weekly emails with Printables, Ideas, and Money Tips for your Everyday Life!