One way we have failed as parents is not saving for our kids’ college education. UGH! We’ve done so much right but we get a fat F when it comes to this.
Thankfully, we are debt free, with the exception of our home. The next few months will be spent saving as much as we possibly can for college expenses.
College Saving Chart
We have a bank account set up but I needed a visual representation of where we want to go.
Enter the College Saving Chart!
How To Use The College Savings Chart Printable
- Click the picture below to print your own College Saving Chart!
I suggest using Card Stock for durability.
2. Decide a College Savings Goal and write it on the Goal line.
3. Write the date you would like to have completed your College Saving Goal.
4. Divide your College Savings Goal by 10.
5. Write each increment on the lines shooting off the graphic with the smallest on the bottom.
If your goal is $10,000, you would write $1,000 on the bottom line, $2,000 on the next line, etc.
6. As you save, color in the lines!
Each increment consists of 10 lines to fill in. If your College Savings Goal is $10,000, each line would represent $100. For every $100 you save, color in a line.
7. Look for ways to Save!
We have committed to make a lot of sacrifices this year in order to Save For College. Vacations, home improvements, restaurants, they all are slashed in order to meet our goal.
Maybe you haven’t failed in this area? I am so utterly excited for you!
Perhaps you can use our College Saving Chart to save for the extras your student will need. After all, there is always more to save!
If you are in this for the long haul and have plenty of time to save, check out this chart that shows what to save each year to send your kids to college.
More Sinking Fund Charts