After you’ve saved Three Month’s Expenses it’s time to move on to the big goal of 6 Months with our 6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart! Imagine the security you will feel when you get to this point! Sinking Fund Charts are the way to save!
6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart
Dave Ramsey’s Baby Step 3 instructs you to save 3 to 6 months of expenses for emergencies. By this point, you’ve saved $1,000 in an emergency fund, paid off all debt, and have your 3 Month’s Expenses in a savings account. Wow!
NOW you’re ready to hit that 6 Month’s of Expenses goal!
6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart Supplies
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
How To Use The 6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart
- Gain access to the 6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart below! When you print, I suggest using Card Stock for durability.
- Determine how much you need to save for 6 Months of Expenses and write the amount on the Goal line.
- Record the date you would like to have your 6 Months of Expenses fully funded.
- Divide your saving goal by 10.
- Write each increment on the lines shooting off the graphic with the smallest on the bottom. If you plan to save $30,000, you would write $3000 on the bottom line, $6000 on the next line, etc.
- As you save, color in the lines! Each increment consists of 10 lines to fill in. If you plan to save $30,000 and each increment represents $3000, each line would represent $300. For every $300 you save, color in a line. (If you’ve already saved 3 Months of Expenses, you’re halfway there!)
- Make your 6 Month Emergency Fund a part of your monthly budget! If you plan to save $30,000 and you want to save it in 10 months, you need to incorporate $3000 a month into your spending plan. That’s a HUGE amount, which is why we suggest starting with 3 Month’s Expenses.
- Open a separate account for your 6 Month Expenses so it doesn’t get spent!
More Sinking Fund Charts
Sinking Fund Envelopes
Gain access to the 6 Month’s Expenses Sinking Fund Chart here!
Sinking Fund Charts
Subscribe (free!) to gain access to my Resource Library full of Printables! Once subscribed, you will receive weekly emails with Printables, Ideas, and Money Tips for your Everyday Life!
Enter the Free Resource Library for my latest printables! Password: money Thanks for being a Rockstar!