Family friends are heading to Disneyland for the third time this year, your gal pals attend lunch dates every week, and another friend has her kids’ college educations fully funded. Have you caught yourself asking ‘How do they do that’? It’s not a matter of comparing ourselves to the Joneses, it’s the willingness to seek knowledge and understanding so, you too, can make the choice whether or not you’re willing to do that.
The best way to learn from each other is to be open and honest! Perhaps retirement isn’t on the minds of those chronic vacationers, the lunch ladies may not be involved with their family finances, and that college education may be at the expense of something else. What trade-offs are we willing to make?
Answer these questions and share with the world!
1) What about retirement? Are you saving?
2) How often do you vacation? Where does the money come from?
3) Are you planning for college?
4) Do you have a car payment?
5) Are you house poor? What’s that mortgage/rent like?
6) How do you fund Christmas?
7) Let’s talk home improvements?
8) Do you save for school clothes?
9) Do you deal with college debt?
10) Is your emergency fund where it should be?
11) Do you carry credit card debt?
12) How often do you eat out?
13) Do you mow your own lawn and clean your own house?
14) Name a Frugal Fail?
15) Your Question: Do you get an allowance?
Is there anyone out there who has it all covered?! If so, how do YOU do that?! Even if you don’t, inquiring minds want to know about the choices you make.
Email email@example.com with your answers and pictures!
Don’t forget lots and lots of pictures!
I want to hear from YOU! Yes, you reading this right now. You don’t even have to be a blogger to share. Just do it!
Check out those that have gone before you: